Why choose a Lamaze Childbirth course from Birthability?
Having a baby is an amazing and wondrous time, filled with anticipation and excitement! We can sometimes feel overwhelmed, worried and stressed about all the different options, all the information and advice offered to us. Our Lamaze childbirth education course will not only give you the essential information and practical tools you need to feel confident and prepared for your birth experience, but it will also provide you with important and relevant information about giving birth and stages the follow.
Unlike most childbirth education courses, Lamaze also covers the early postpartum period, also known as “The Fourth Trimester”! Our Birthability classes will provide you with practical and important information about what to expect in those early days, weeks and months following the birth of your baby.
You will learn essential birth skills
Birthability courses helps you feel more prepared, supported, confident and empowered about your birth. The best start for a mother and baby is a safe and healthy pregnancy and birth. Birthability, provides childbirth preparation classes that equip parents-to-be with all the knowledge and practical skills they need to have a safe and joyful birth experience.
- Preparing for labour
- Labour process & positions
- Labour support & comfort techniques
- Understanding interventions & medications
- Postpartum care
- The Forth Trimester
- Early newborn care
- Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices
The Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices
A safe and healthy birth in six simple steps
- Let labor begin on its own
- Walk, move around and change positions throughout labor
- Bring a loved one, friend or doula for continuous support
- Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary
- Avoid giving birth on your back and follow your body's urges to push
- Keep mother and baby together - It's best for mother, baby and breastfeeding